Saturday, January 14, 2012

Since Katie is almost six months old now, I better post about our "goings on" over the past few months. For people like me who usually just browse pictures, here are a few good ones.

Katie bug is amazing and we just adore her.  She had to get a helmet a few weeks ago (big flat spot) to shape her head.  She looks so cute in it!  She is so wiggly (always tapping her foot), very liberal with her smiles, and just makes all of us fell very loved and special.  We love her laugh and toothless smile.


Ethan will be four next week.  He is our gratitude boy.  He says "thank you" for everything.  He also is very loving and tells me he loves and me about 10 times a day.  He is learning his letters and knows them all except is still working on H and V.  He is really sweet with his sisters and as Emma said the other day, "Someday some girl is going to say, 'I want to marry him!'"  In fact our cute neighbor girl the other day said to her mom, "Mom now's my chance to marry Ethan!"  That really embarrassed him.  He likes when I tell him stories about a little boy named Blake (pretend) who happens to have his same birthday and go through all of the same challenges as Ethan.  Most days you can find Ethan with some sort of drawing utensil and a piece of paper so some sort.  He is such a good boy. He loves to listen to scripture stories with his dad every morning and we are pleased with his interest in the scriptures already.  



I can't believe Emma is already half way through Kindergarten.  She loves it!  She has a wonderful teacher and it has been nothing but a wonderful, exciting experience for her.  Emma is growing up to be such a tender sweet girl. One thing Emma and I do after I pick her up from school is pull over to the side of the road and she shows me all the stuff she made that day.  We also talk about friends and recess and her experiences.  This is my favorite time with Emma.  She is an excellent reader and became that way through her own efforts and diligence in trying to learn.  She is a diligent learner.  Everyone says how special she is and I agree with them.  She helps take care of Katie all of the time and is so attentive to her, especially when I am busy.  We couldn't have asked for a better oldest child.  



Mark and I are doing good.  Mark is doing well at work and I'm really proud of him.  He has a lot of responsibilities at work and church and I must say that he handles it all so gracefully.  One thing I love about Mark is that he has so much confidence in the Lord that he believe he can accomplish whatever the Lord wants him to accomplish.  I'm really grateful for him.  He is so nice to me and the kids.   Just a stellar guy.  Mark likes to embarrass me sometimes.  Whenever we go to a restaurant and the hostess asks his name he says, "Sebastian".  So then when it's our turn the hostess loudly says, "Sebastian" and people always stare.  He did that on our first date and I was mortified and now I am even more mortified; that's why he keeps doing it : )

On a side note to all of these great things and these wonderful people in my life, we have been sick since the first week of November and we keep getting sick.  I think we are going go nuts if someone else throws up.  Wish us luck.  

Well, hope you enjoyed.  See you in 6 months (maybe sooner, but no promises)

5 comments:

MOMster said...

Wahoo!!! You posted! I love, love, love that first picture of Katie. She is such a beautiful little girl. I enjoy holding her when I get the chance, so feel free to pass her to me at church or when we get together. She's so cute! Ethan is getting so grown up! When you guys moved in he was what...not yet two? Crazy! Emma sure is growing up too. It's amazing how fast time flies! I think the "Sebastian" thing is hilarious. I can see him doing that to embarrass you. Haha. I hope you guys all get well soon. It's definitely no fun to be sick. We are usually sick every other week throughout the winter so this year we've been lucky thus far. Let us know if you need anything!

Amy and Clark said...

Those kids of yours are all beauties! So fun to get an update.
Love you much!

Anonymous said...

The picture of Katie in the activity saucer is just stuffed with personality! I like Emma's big smile as she is buried in pink and a book. Ethan looks like he is learning your smile, Jessica.

Speaking of you, Jessica, you are one amazing Mom. Your caring obviously goes deep to tell Ethan stories of a boy just like him and taking time out every day to hear the details of Emma's life at school. Hats off to you!

You're probably too nice to do this, but have you ever thought of playing "If/Then" with Mark? Like if he pretends to be Sebastian as a restaurant name, he then has to sit through a sappy chick flick movie with you (or insert another activity that is enjoyable for you) without making any snide remarks?

Most importantly, hope you all feel better soon and long-term! *hug* Sick is NO FUN, especially when it keeps getting passed back and forth.

Brooke B said...

I love you Jess! When your all well we need to play!

Amy said...

Love Katie's helmet; she's so stylish. I can't believe Ethan is getting so big! If we lived close (and actually hung out together, lol) Max and Ethan would be great friends. He's our love monster. I'm so sorry that you guys have been so sick. We've been sick since December, but now I'm beginning to be convinced that a lot of it is allergies from the dreaded cedar around here. Miss you guys!