THANKSGIVING POINT FARM COUNTRY

Farm Animal Scale:
Emma wanted me to jump up and
down with her to see how heavy we could be.
I started jumping with her until I saw the sign below.

For some reason I can't get this picture to rotate,
but I'm sure you can read it.
It should probably say, "Please do not allow your PARENTS
to jump up and down on the scale." Oops!

Farm Animal Scale:
Emma wanted me to jump up and
down with her to see how heavy we could be.
I started jumping with her until I saw the sign below.
For some reason I can't get this picture to rotate,
but I'm sure you can read it.
It should probably say, "Please do not allow your PARENTS
to jump up and down on the scale." Oops!
What is in that cage you say? It is a big black pig. As a side note, I ran intoone of these black pigs on the side of the road in Taiwan. Don't you just love missions? Emma kept saying to the pig, "Get up, pig!"
This is a donkey. A mean old donkey. I said, "Emma, put out your hand and let it lick you." (Bad idea mom). The donkey proceeded to bite her. Beware of the Thanksgiving Point donkey. My mother-in-law used to work there and said he's a biter so watch out!
I loved this calf. So sweet.
This peacock spread out it feathers in front of us.
So beautiful (although I think the peacock was trying to alarm us).
We loved this goat. It stuck it's head out of the fence and even let my kids touch it's face.
They were both laughing so hard.
I don't care who you are - that is a funny looking sheep!
I hot glued all of those cottonballs on and I think I burnt myself like 10 times.
(Note to self: don't use cottonballs and hot glue).
5 comments:
I love your weeks. The pictures are so cute, it's obviouse Emma and Ethan are loving the themes too.
Fun post to read and look at. You are so creative to have different weeks with the kids! I wish I had the energy to come up with stuff to do like that!
Hehehehe, you know you've come up with something too good when you have to tell people to stop playing with it so much, like with children jumping on a scale.
It would be nice if there were signs up to warn when some of the animals are not so petable.
The calf almost looks like a Dalmatian!
Was that a white peacock? Wow! It looks like a fantasy creature, so elegant and mystic.
Goats are very friendly creatures most of the time. Have to watch them, though, they really will try to eat anything they can get in their mouths, and are not shy about digging in your pockets to see what is there.
Sorry to hear you had mishaps in the craft room. Do you think it would work better if you used chopsticks with the cotton balls and hot glue? ;->
Looks like it was so much fun at the farm-I really need to take Ryan there. So Anne Gardner is getting married next week and we wanted to get together and have dinner with her Thursday night as kind of a shower. I didn't know if you could come or not but email me at anne_reichman@mac.com and let me know. Love and miss you!
I've seen more of you in Tarrah's blog recently than your own. What have you been up to?
Post a Comment