Saturday, July 19, 2008

Today I am grateful for miracles. Yesterday I took Ethan to a 3 hour Neonatal Follow-up Clinic where he was looked at by a nurse, a doctor, a nutritionist, and an occupational therapist. Ethan has a few things that we need to work with him on therapy-wise, but nothing uncommon to premature babies. Almost all of those who looked at him said considering how he was born, he is a miracle. I didn't realize this, but they said that most babies born under similar scary circumstances are severely affected with handicapps: mental and physical. Ethan is a miracle. I am so grateful for how we have been blessed through the faith, prayers, and fasting of family and friends.

5 comments:

Brooke B said...

I am so grateful he is healthy too, he had lots of people praying for him! Lets get together when I get home, we are in Newport at Crosby's beach house, and Chris is here!

Emily said...

I'm so happy to hear that Ethan is doing so well. He is so adorable. I know that Heavenly Father has blessed you because of your great faith. I'm so thankful for you example.

Jamie Meacham said...

Hey, i am so glad things are going so well Jess. Your blog is darling. I may need a tutorial too on how to change my background, what do you do? yours is darling!

Erin said...

Hey Jessica, I just came across your blog. It's always so good to hear what old friends are up to. Glad to hear your little guy is doing well.

Erin (Wilson) Kusch

Jess Perry said...

What a blessing! I am happy that all is going well. You went private for awhile and I couldn't find you. Glad to see what your little family is up to!