Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ethan got his oxygen off! Isn't he cute?

1. The Family: A Proclamation to the World - Tonight I have been watching CNN while waiting for Mark to come home from catering. As I heard about what happened in California today about same-sex marriage I instantly thought of our dear prophets who proclaim "marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children . . . The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity."


2. Emma - I was touched by this sweet gesture from Emma today. We were waiting for the laundry to finish and Emma got hurt while trying to climb into her stroller. I had Ethan in the baby bjorn strapped to my chest at the time, so it was very awkward trying to pick up Emma and hold her. In the process of picking her up I got Ethan's arm stuck under her and it hurt him. He then joined her in crying. Well, Emma realized that she had hurt Ethan's arm and amidst her pain began to pat Ethan's arm to comfort his hurt. That is so Emma.

5 comments:

Brooke B said...

Ethan is getting so big! And I'm so happy he is free from his green tank! I have been thinking alot about you lately, are you doing ok? I really need to come down and help you out some.

justine said...

How sweet, he sure is growing big. I love his last picture, his eyes are so bright.

Emily said...

Ethan is adorable! I can't believe how big he's getting. I've been thinking a lot about the proclamation too with all that's been going on. Aren't we so blessed to have living Prophets!! It's awesome!

Teena said...

He looks a lot like Emma. He looks healthy and is smiling! So cute, this is my new desktop, where he is holding Emma's arm. I can't wait to hold the baby boy. love ya

Katie said...

Mark and Jessica, what adorable children you have. I am glad to see that Ethan is doing so well and that Emma loves to be a big sister. I think about your family often.