Wednesday, March 26, 2008



1. One of the happiest things in my life is to see Emma interact with Ethan. Before he was born I had an impression that these two would be very close friends. This has proven true to me already. Emma is SO sweet with Ethan. She even came (on her own) and put her coveted "miney" (her blankie) on him to keep him warm. Today she said to me, "Ethan cute!" Any time he is out in the family room with us, she is constantly hugging, kissing, and patting him. That brings me so much joy.

2. Love this little gal!

3. Visiting Teachers - Our car broke down while I was at Shopko today. I called Mark, and he said he would call my Visiting Teachers to come get me. Sure enough, ten minutes later, Loise Bailey shows up to pick me up. Then later today they came to visit teach me and it really lifted my spirits. Yea for Visiting Teachers!

"Whenever I think of visiting teachers, I think of [home] teachers also, and think that certainly your duties in many ways must be much like those of the [home] teachers, which briefly are “to watch over the church always”—not twenty minutes a month but always—“and be with and strengthen them”—not a knock at the door, but to be with them, and lift them, and strengthen them, and empower them, and fortify them." Spencer W. Kimball

4. The Burkes - Megan has AAA and said we could use her free towing service. She and her husband went down to Shopko to meet the towing company to take our car. Unfortunately, her service ended when she got married, so our car wasn't towed. That's no big deal though, the most impressive thing to me was how willing they were to help us and even go down to our car without us to have it towed.

1 comment:

anniemac50 said...

Grandma's are thankful for blogs. What cute kids these are. I shall make a brag blog instead of a Grandma's brag book. Now all I need is some techno savvy and I could pull that off!
Happy Spring,
Grammy Ann