Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sister Hinckley

Let's have a Sister Hinckley quote to start out the day, shall we?

"I decided that if I lived to be eighty-five I would stop counting calories and eat anything I want to eat.  And I do! I would make my  mother's lemon pie, but I have quit cooking too!"

How about one more story about Sister Hinckley that Elder Bednar told at a Stake Conference I attended at the Provo tabernacle when I was single (a few weeks before he was called to be an apostle):

Elder and Sister Bednar were out to dinner with President and Sister Hinckley one night.  As they were eating dessert Elder Bednar asked President Hinckley a question.  He asked him after all of his travels around the world what his favorite dessert was.

Before President Hinckely could answer, Sister Hinckley quickly pipped in, "Me!"

Priceless! 

P.S. Go BYU Cougars Basketball! 

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Those were so cute, I had not ever heard either of those quotes. Thanks!

MOMster said...

I love it! Such adorable quotes!