Hello blog friends,
This is Mark, written on behalf of Jessica. She probably wouldn't write for help like this, so I thought I would do it for her.
Jessica is getting surgery tomorrow, and we've learned that the recovery will take about two weeks. The surgery is super low-risk (she's having her tonsils removed because they're causing monthly strep throats) but the recovery is supposed to be a beast. They say the hardest part will be taking care of the kids when I can't be home due to my work schedule. They say to plan for about two weeks of feeling like your throat is on fire.
So, I'm wondering, are there any of you friends out there who would be willing and able to help Jessica over the next two weeks?
I'm around on the weekends and on this Friday, but I won't be able to miss work next week or the week thereafter. If you would be willing to help watch our kids or help out in some other way, perhaps you would identify that in a comment to this post. I'd love that.
Thanks in advance for your help!
- Mark
9 comments:
I can come down and help out next week and bring a meal. Do you have any days next week already set up? I can take Monday if not...
Even though I can't come help (living 1500 miles away kinda makes it difficult), I'll be praying for a swift recovery. Please tell Jessica to hang in there and that I love her.
Hey Mark, I can be there on Monday, Wednesday or Friday to help out next week, I already told Jess this. I can be there all day. It is just easier to actually be at your house not mine because I don't have accommodations for both Ethan and Emma and Rosalie. I can go over there and take them on a walk in between Ethan's naps of anything of the sort. Just give me a call.
I talked to Jess today and told her that we can totally help out. I'll be coming by Friday with some treats and I'll find out when the best time to help will be.
I can bring a part of a meal over that you can put in your freezer and cook whenever you need it. We've been sick and I'm pretty sure you don't want it.
Hope Jess is feeling okay.
Hey Mark and Jess. I just now looked at your blog and am sorry that I didn't look earlier. I can watch the kids any day next week (for however many days you need). Let me know and I would love to help out!
Gah! I feel so aweful for not keeping up on the blog to know about your needs until the time is nearly passed.
Please Please PLEASE just give me a call or email if you still need any babysitting/help, and I'll do everything in my power to make sure you have your needs met.
Either way, hope to hear soon that the surgery is a success, Jessica fully recovered, and your family finding some fun way to celebrate.
Hey Mark,
We have been sick latley but if you need anything...just call. We are pretty much over all our illnesses...so if she needs someone to take the children or meals...let me know!!
Vanessa Brammer
oh my gosh! I'm the worst! I can't believe I just saw this! can i still help? maybe just come visit? I had that surgery when I was 20 and it was the worst EVER so I can totally relate! call me: 8054271839 and I'll come over now! I have nothing to do anyway so it'll be fun!
Post a Comment