Yuck - I'm sick! I hate missing church, but I think everyone appreciates me not sending these little gremies around. Such is our lot this week. How did I get sick? Well, it happened somewhere between our apartment and the Creamery on 9th last Thursday. Worth it? Oh yea. Mark was at school all day until 8 pm and I was pretty convinced that Ethan, Em, and I couldn't handle being inside all day without him there (especially me). It was pretty warm, so I bundled my kids up enough and walked down to the Creamery. It took me about 15-20 minutes to walk there. Once we were there we ordered and Emma picked us a great seat right by the grill. We got to sit on the stools that swivel. Emma thought that was awesome. Emma gobbled down a grilled cheese, while I pretty much scarfed my bacon cheeseburger (it was definitely a bacon cheeseburger day, if you know what I mean). We shared some spicy nacho cheese fries (can you tell I LOVE cheese!) Ethan sat in the stroller right behind us and I gave him pieces of my hamburger along with some graham crackers I had in the bag. Now every time we eat there Emma will want to sit by the grill, which although very fun, kind of grossed me out as I watched them scoop raw ground beef with an ice cream scooper onto the grill. I so have a raw meat dislake...discust...major phobia. I hate raw meat. In the Book of Mormon when they talk about eating raw meat in the wilderness I think that would have been my test of faith on that journey!
Anyway, we had so much fun (despite the raw meat) at the Creamery and went on our way home. I walked up that hill as it got colder and colder and asEthan was turning into an ice pop. After we got home ( I won't tell you how long it took me to get there) I started to feel sick. Oh well, it was such a fun memory. My kiddos are cutie pies.
By the way, verdict on the lemon kabobs - WOW! So good. Maybe needs a little bbq sauce to dip the chicken in.
4 comments:
I totally get what you mean about raw meat. I couldn't eat hamburgers for years after I worked in a cafe.
We hope that you get feeling better. Let us know if you need anything.
i am sorry you are sick - i think we got sick this weekend too - standing outside for a family photo at my cousin's daughter's baptism - boo! Totally worth it though too - only baptized once - we had fun, but now cash and i both have the sniffles....hopefully it gets better cuz next week we are headed to utah - can't wait to see you
Sorry you are sick! I hope you get feeling better soon. I hate being sick and I don't have little ones wanting me to be mommy, so you have my sympathy and well wishes. Let me know if you need anything. Glad you at least enjoyed the Creamery before getting sick.
Post a Comment