You know it is time to write on your blog when one of your best friends is worried about how you are doing because you haven't written in so long. Such is the case today, so I'm posting today.
- Today that same friend, Brooke Butler (friends since 5-years-old, pic below), showed me how to change my blog background. So now it is cute and I love to think that I can have some part of the beach in my life (even if it's just my blog background).

- Yesterday Ethan had an appointment with his OT (Occupational Therapist). She said that he is looking very normal. Yeah!
- My kids are cute!

- So is my husband!

- I love Craigslist. We got a nice couch off of it for very cheap. I love bargain shopping - I think I'm becoming an addict.
- Grandma Crawford moved here this last week (Mark's Mom's Mom). She is living with Mark's mom now. It was so fun to see her. I've told many people this, but just to refresh, I actually knew Mark's Grandma Crawford before I knew Mark. I painted her nails when she lived at the Assisted Living Center that I worked at the year after my mission. She told me about her grandson on a mission in Brazil. Who knew I'd end up marrying him. Small world.

- Speaking of family, there are a whole slew of Mark's family members who are also coming here this next month. Mark's oldest brother, John, and his family are moving here this week to go to BYU for his PhD. Mark's younger brother, Scott (a.k.a. Bones) is coming home from his mission in Brazil in 3 1/2 weeks. Scott's like Travis to me, just love him! I can't wait to see him (and try to beat him at Settlers of Catan - he always wins!)
- While I'm on a random kick here, let's talk about Travis. Travis is an amazing missionary. Here's a quote from his last email, "My heart has changed and my love for the Hungarians, the gospel, and for the scriptures has grown so much over the past year. I love the Book of Mormon and I always try to find a better way to learn and study from them." I have always been proud of Travis. He is such a special person. Here is a picture of him. He's not in France, but I photoshopped him in front of the Eiffel Tower just for fun. He and his comp thought it was funny.

- I love the gospel. I have felt a very calming feeling often that when I make a mistake or choose wrong that I can repent and move on, doing a little better in the future. Thank Heavenly Father for His mercy and willingness to provide a Savior for us so that we can repent.
- I love this great country. I get tears to my eyes when I sing "America the Beautiful". I know this country was founded by men who were guided by God. I am so grateful for my dad who has taught me through his words and actions that freedom has been paid for with a price. Many have paid that price with their lives. That freedom of religion needed to be in place for the great Restoration of the Gospel to take place here in this land. May we all live righteously and serve the God of this land, Whose hands we are in.

6 comments:
Thanks Jessmo! Your the best.
Your Blog is so cute. i miss seeing you every Sunday and on the playground. Your family is adorable. We are moving back to Wymount in August. Hope all is well.
Jenae
this is my fav :)
I have to say I agree--your kids are super cute!
Those are awesome pictures
Ethan looks so much like Emma! Great postings. I may have to steal a few of your paintings. Love those. Hope you all are well.
Emily
Post a Comment