Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What am I thankful for today?

1. Sunshine - Mark is out of town, so the kids and I spent most of today outside. It was such a nice day to be outside (especially in the afternoon). This year, more than ever, I feel like we made it through a very long winter.

2. Mark - As I said, Mark is out of town, and I miss him. He helps out so much, so when he's gone I really feel the weight of taking care of the kids without him around.

3. Cari Mitchell - My dear friend Cari made us dinner tonight. It was so kind of her and it brightened my whole day to see her.

4. The Old Testament - I'm still pluggin' along and just have to say that I love it! In my opinion, most of the Old Testament is about the scattering and gathering of Israel. If I knew nothing about the LDS church and was a student of the Bible, I would wonder what is being done to bring about the revelations in the Bible about the gathering of scattered Israel. It makes me cry actually to think that I am living in a time when this is actually taking place. This morning I went on a walk with some neighbors. One of the girls is new to our ward, Rada, and she is from Sri Lanka. She told me that her whole family was baptized 5 years ago in Sri Lanka. Her family was gathered. I don't know what else to say about it, I just think it's amazing that prophets like Isaiah and Jeremiah saw our day and rejoiced in what would happen during the time period that we live in.5. Emma - She has become very affectionate. A few times today she said, "Mommy!" and then came and gave me a hug and cuddled with me. Man, is there anything better as a mom than that?

6. Coupons - So last night I watched "Living Essentials" on BYU TV about Smart Spending. The two ladies speaking on it save so much money on everything. I thought, "Why am I not doing this?" So, today I ordered the Sunday newspaper for coupons, found savvyshopperdeals.com
thanks to my friend Tarmy (which is a wonderful website that matches Sunday newspaper coupons with current sales at stores so you save even on the sale items), and went through the weekly ads to see what's on sale (8 boxes of cereal for $8 at Smiths this week!) I'm always trying something new and so my newest effort is to save a ton on groceries. This lady on the show bought $182 of groceries for $22. Hello! That's awesome! I let y'all know how it goes.

7. My niece Hannah - Hannah is my beloved cute niece. She turned 1 on Sunday. She looks so much like my sister. I just love little Hannah. Happy Birthday Sweetie-pie!

8. "You Can Do This" - What is this? It is an "Approach To Raising Wonderful Children". This is an AMAZING website about raising kids. This website is made by BYU's Mckay School of Education. Take a look: http://education.byu.edu/youcandothis/

No comments: