Sunday, March 23, 2008

"Through tears and trials, through fears and sorrows, through the heartache and loneliness of losing loved ones, there is assurance that life is everlasting. Our Lord and Savior is the living witness that such is so.
" With all my heart and the fervency of my soul, I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness and declare that God does live. Jesus is His Son, the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh. He is our Redeemer; He is our Mediator with the Father. He it was who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He became the firstfruits of the Resurrection. Because He died, all shall live again. “Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives: ‘I know that my Redeemer lives!’"
- President Thomas S. Monson

1. Easter Dinner - We had dinner with my mom, Mark's mom, and Mark's mom's friend, Stott. It was such a great time to spend together as family and friends. The meal was yummy too!

2. Emma - She hurt her leg and can't walk on it. We had an X-ray of her foot, which isn't broken, but we still need to see if she walks on it in the next 3 days to make sure that her leg or ankle isn't broken. She has been amazing with it. She just crawls around and even climbs up and down off the couch and everything. She has been so sweet and cuddly too with her injury. We love our little cuddle bug Emma.

3. "The Book of Mormon teaches about the Atonement so clearly." - Mark
I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and for the Atonement of our Savior.

4. On a similar note to #2, this morning I just had to laugh at our life for a second. I was feeding a bottle to Ethan in the front room and Emma was playing with her toys. Emma needed some help, but I couldn't get up and reach her with Ethan's tubes and wires from his oxygen tank and machines. I told her to crawl over to me and push the stuff she wanted me to help her with. Watching her slowly push the stuff across the room because she can't walk, and looking at Ethan there with his oxygen tube and big tank, I just thought, "Oh man, we are falling apart in this house." And then I laughed.

2 comments:

Krista Hansen said...

I don't think you are falling apart! I think you are one tough Mama! You do such a good job with two kids, and I look up to you tons.
Krista Hansen

Sarah said...

Hi Jess! I'm glad your baby finally got to come home. I bet you don't miss the hospital. He's so cute- I think he looks just like Mark.