Henry B. Eyring - "Hard as things seem today, they will be better in the next day if you choose to serve the Lord this day with your whole heart. Your circumstances may not be improved in all the ways which you desire. But you will have been given new strength to carry your burdens and new confidence that when your burdens become too heavy, the Lord, whom you have served, will carry what you cannot. He knows how. He prepared long ago. He suffered your infirmities and your sorrows when He was in the flesh so that He would know how to succor you." (http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-690-32,00.html)
Marjorie Hinckley - "My mother taught me some basic philosophies of rearing children. One is that you have to trust them. I tried hard never to say 'no' if I could possibly say 'yes.' I think that worked well because it gave my children the feeling that I trusted them and they were responsible to do the best they could."
Patricia Holland - "Let me suggest some ways in which this fulness can come. Often when I face difficulties, I need to turn off the phone, lock the door, kneel in earnest prayer, then curl up in a chair and meditate, contemplate, search the scriptures, and cry out again and again in my heart, completely focusing my mind on the mind and will and presence of God until I can see a clear picture of him. I like to think of him with loving, outstretched arms. With such a loving image, I begin to feel my connection with him and a confirmation of his love. Sometimes we may have to work at this for hours, for a significant portion of the day, or for several days.
"I realize that life has to go on and that you will not be able to pursue this heavenly communication in a completely uninterrupted way; but if it is a high priority and a fundamental goal in your life, you will find ways, early or late, to be with God. If the key to your car were lost or your check for the mortgage payment were lost or a child were lost, could you take time to find it? Would finding it provide the only peace you could have to then go about your day? If God is lost in your life and you are not going to be strong or stable without him, can you be focused and fixed enough to find him?
"There is a price to be paid for this kind of communion, but fortunately it is not a painful price. It is a wonderful, renewing, energizing price, but it requires time and the best powers of your concentration. That investment of time should not be surprising when we realize we are trying to offset what can be many hours--or days and weeks and months--of struggle or sorrow or pain."
This quote is from a talk of hers that I read all of the time. It is so inspiring. Here's the link to it online http://magazine.byu.edu/?act=view&a=451
2. New stickers to hold up Ethan's oxygen: So Ethan has these stickers that hold up his nasal canula (the oxygen tube). The stickers he had on this morning wouldn't hold it up and his oxygen kept coming out of his nose (annoying for me and him!) We got a bunch of new stickers today, so we shouldn't have that problem anymore. It's so nice not to have to mess with that.3. Emma: I had such a fun day with Emma. She is a very sweet girl. She asked if she could go on the "big slide" right before it was time for her nap. I said, "First, night night, second, nap." She was very compliant and went down easily. When she woke up the first thing I heard her say was, "Big Slide!" Then she laughed her "I'm delighted" laugh. It made me smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment