Monday, February 18, 2008


1. Emma is the most charming, sweetest daughter ever. This picture shows how adorable she is inside/out.

2. Ethan's Tiny Feet


3. Sticky Peanut Butter and Jelly Kisses:
“I don’t want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk’s lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor’s children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone’s garden. I want to be there with children’s sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”
- Marjorie Peay Hinckley

4. The little date I got to go on today with Mark to Costco. We needed to just get away by ourselves for a few minutes and it was very fun.

5. Step Aerobics. I've been doing BYU TV's step aerobics since Emma was born (except for the 6 week resting period then and now after having a baby). They also have yoga. I love that I can get it online, on demand, and can exercise in my home. If any of you are interested it's called "Total Body Workout" and you just have to click on "Tune in Now" on http://www.byu.tv/

6. How easy Emma has been going down to sleep lately. We give her a book to read to her baby dolls and instead of crying when we leave now she just blows kisses and says, "Bye!"

7. Ethan's triumph - the only thing keeping Ethan in the NICU now is his feeding. I've been sick and can't go feed him twice a day, so they started trying to feed him a bottle twice a day. Mark got to feed him the bottle today and he drank the whole thing. Now he just has to do that eight times a day and then he can come home (he will come home on oxygen most likely). We can't wait to get that little buddy home. I'm ready for sleepless nights, believe it or not.

8. Mark's love
"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out."
-Ron Croft


1 comment:

Dunn Family said...

This is so fun to look at. I am glad that you are doing this blog. Very thoughtful!You are a wonderful mother and wife!