Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I love this picture.


Lovely Valentine's month. I grew up in a home where my mom decked out our entire house in decorations for each holiday. Valentine's was very pink at our house (with lots of Victorian cupids). Anyone remember that?

In Taiwan it seems that it would be Valentine's Day, a few months would go by, then it would come again, and then a few months would go by and then it would come a 3rd time. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think they celebrated Taiwan Valentine's Day, U.S. Valentine's Day and Australia's as well (I think it was Australia). I remember when it had come a bunch of times I said to my companion, "Seriously! It's here again?"


Valentine's month is a time to remember those people and things we love. Here are a five things from my list of loves:
  1. I love what my kids say. Emma said to me yesterday, "Mom, you are my favorite mom I've ever had!"
  2. I love living in Provo. I loved seeing the sun come over the snowy mountains this morning against the clouds and the bright blue sky. I don't care if it's cold. It's home and a happy place for me full of so many memories of childhood and growing up. Now I am creating even more memories here. I'm grateful the Lord provided away for us to stay here.
  3. I love the words of the living prophets. I am inspired by their messages and they are very relevant to my life and circumstances. We are extremely blessed to have constant access to their words.
  4. I love the Savior and am especially grateful that we can repent daily and be clean and have hope to keep on going.
  5. I love my love Mark. Isn't he the greatest? How did I end up with this guy? Seriously.
What do you love?

4 comments:

Elle Keeps Moving said...

I love YOU, Jess. You are the best. What a sweet post.

MOMster said...

I love Provo too, since I also grew up here and have so many fond and sweet memories here. It's fun to take my kids to places I went as a child, places that people don't know about. They enjoy it too.

Crowley Family said...

I love Provo too, but I love being in warm sunny Arizona.

I'm due on July 20th! Congrats to you too! That's fun that we're pregnant together, too bad we don't live closer.

Madame Coin said...

I missed the pregnancy announcement--congratulations! I hope that everything goes well; I'll keep you in my prayers.