Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Deals of the Day


I've never done this before, but thought I'd share some of the good deals I got today. Sometimes I get excited and just want to tell someone. I guess I will just tell my blog readers!

I bought all of the things in this picture for $14.63. Here is the list of items and what they usually sell for:

Extra Protection Pampers diapers 23 count: $9.99
Gilette Fusion Power Razor: $8.99
Crest Whiting Expressions Toothpaste: $2.29
Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser: $4.99
Venus Spa Breeze Razor: $8.49
2 packages of Venus Disposable razors (these are really nice): $7 each
Soft Scrub Total Bath & Bowl Cleanser: $4

Total: $43.75

Here is how it worked.

Kmart is having a double coupon event this week where you can bring in any coupon up to the value of $2 and double it:

Clean and Clear Cleanser: $4.99+$2 coupon doubled = $.99
Soft Scrub: $4-$2 coupon doubled = Free
Venus razor: $8.49+$2 coupon doubled = $4.49
2 Venus disposable razor: $6-$2 coupon doubled = $2 each

With tax on all of the regular priced items plus the final price = $11.76

Rite Aid (SCR means Single Check Rebate which means you pay that amount and then get a check in the mail refunding you for what you paid)

Gilette Fusion Power: $8.99 - $4 coupon- $4 SCR = $.99
Pampers: $9.99-$2 coupon - $2 SCR = $5.99
Crest Toothpaste: $2.29 - $1.00 coupon - $1.50 SCR = -$.21

Plus I had a Video Values Coupon for watching about 10 minutes of adds that took $5 off $20 purchase which this was before SCR and coupons. So with all of the coupons together I paid $10.37 at the register and I will get $7.50 back in a check in two weeks, so out of pocket was $2.87!

Thus making my out of pocket shopping trip today a grand $14.63.

Thanks for letting me share :) Yea for thrifty deals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Holly Park said...

Love good deals! I might just go try them myself!

MOMster said...

I LOVE when I can find great deals on things and save so much money!!! I'm glad you're a thrifty woman too. We definitely have that in common! Now I'm going to have to go check out K-mart and see what I can find. :) Thanks for sharing.

BYU 9th said...

That confuses my head!!!

Brooke B said...

That was me Brooke, sorry Kaila was signed in before me!

Terry's Place said...

Great shopping Jessica. It is fun to get good bargains.

ANeibaur said...

Holy cow that's amazing! I have always wanted to try that... I know I could save sooo much. You inspire me!

Monica McCoy said...

I love it. I wish our Kmart was participating. Congrats.

SarahWilcox said...

That is AWESOME!!!